Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peace

  In this season of so much stress for a lot of people....some wondering how they're gonna buy all those expensive gifts that are expected of them....some wondering how they're even going to pay their electric bill, let alone buy gifts....some trying to figure out where their next meal will be coming from.....in this season that should be "the most wonderful time of the year"....it's not always that way for everybody. 
I talked with my dear friend last night....and her daughter who is the same age as me has just been told that her cancer is in stage 4.   My friend lost her Dad to cancer...and her husband...and has already had another daughter loose her battle with cancer.

  I know...that there are so many out there who are hurting...and sad...and lonely...and in such need of a friend. 
If you're one of those people...I want you to know that as I'm writing this...I'm shedding tears for you.  I wish I could wrap my arms around you and tell you that no matter what....no matter how dim your world seems right now....there is a light at the end of the tunnel....there will be better days...happier days...ahead for you.  I wish I could wipe away your tears and your sadness and right all your wrongs and somehow make you see....that we have a Savior who loves us.  He knows our hurts and our fears and He knows our hearts and if they're breaking.
Don't feel bad if you sometimes question God. 
He knows we're only human and we don't understand the why of everything that happens.

Please....as you hurry about buying and wrapping gifts....decorating....addressing Christmas cards....baking....whatever it is that we do to get ready for Christmas....let's all take the time to slow down...and whisper prayers....for those who are so much less fortunate than we are.

I shared this picture on my other blog a few days ago....but when I look at it....it just brings me peace.  There's nothing more peaceful than a fresh snowfall. 

So that's what I wish for each of you this Christmas-time....peace....
....peace of mind....
....and peace in your hearts!


 
John 14:27 (NIV)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


In His Most Precious Love....and with mine!!!

1 comment:

  1. i, too, wish you peace and JOY. our lesson this morning was so good. . .you may have had the same one. it was about JOY. . not happiness, but JOY!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are like honey—
sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
Proverbs 16:24